Build a rewarding, successful career with ATOM Healthcare.
At ATOM healthcare, our job is to provide you with the best training and mentoring to help you excel at yours. Providing equal of opportunities for all to grow with us for long-term and creating an inclusive environment is our goal. Because we believe, the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Assigns ICD-10-CM diagnosis, Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) procedure codes, and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) device codes as necessary to outpatient records to ensure maximum reimbursement, utilizing ICD-10-CM and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) principles of code assignment and Uniforms Hospital Discharge Data Set (UHDDS) definitions of principle and secondary diagnosis.
Enters ICD-10-CM diagnosis code(s) and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) procedure code(s) into the code summary to maintain disease and operation index, to allow for timely submission of claims to insurance companies by assigning correct diagnosis and procedure codes and the reason for the encounter per department procedure.
Reviews Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) procedure codes and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) device codes in the code summary and charge viewer to ensure all accounts reflect appropriate charges for services and devices provided; by reviewing Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits, attaching modifiers and adding or modifying charges to the account.
Ensures timely submission of claims to insurance companies by performing job functions and by maintaining Accounts Receivable within 3 days of discharge on all outpatient encounters
Ensures appropriate charges are added to specific encounters to align with procedures performed and procedures that are billable through the batch charge entry application.
Communicates with both the clinical department and charge services to aid in proper code assignment.
Utilizes and understand how to view and make appropriate changes in charge viewer to ensure maximum reimbursement.
- Graduates in life sciences with 1-4 years of experience in medical coding processes
- Experience in coding for Surgery specialty
- Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems and service delivery processes
- Maintains a high degree of professional and ethical standards
- Focuses on continuous improvement by working on projects that enable customers to arrest revenue leakage while following the standards
- Focuses on updating coding skills, knowledge, and accuracy by participating in coding team meetings and educational conferences
- Exposure to CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding
- CCS/CPC/CPC-H/CIC/COC certification from AAPC /AHIMA would be a plus
- Knowledge of HIPAA standards
- Applicants who have worked with eclinicalWorks (ECW) will be on top of the list