Build a rewarding, successful career with ATOM Healthcare.
At ATOM healthcare, our job is to provide you with the best training and mentoring to help you excel at yours. Providing equal of opportunities for all to grow with us for long-term and creating an inclusive environment is our goal. Because we believe, the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- Processes coding related edits that support defined specialty area based of review of medical record documentation Review and update coding of ICD-10-CM and CPT as it pertains to Correct Coding Initiative (CCI), Local/National
- Coverage decisions (LCD/NCD) and other payer’s specific edits and denials.
- Identification of edits trends to ensure edits are prompted appropriately and that provider charge capture education material is created to ensure performance improvement of coding process.
- Perform or initiate appropriate changes to patient account necessary to ensure appropriate coding and compliance w/ payer regulations
- Review medical record documentation and accurately code the primary/secondary diagnoses and procedures using ICD-10-CM and CPT coding conventions.
Verify the sequence of diagnoses and procedures using coding guidelines.
Verify data from medical records for appropriate optimal reimbursement for hospital and/or professional charges. Review the medical records and accurately validate the primary/ secondary diagnoses and procedures using ICD-10- CM and/or CPT coding conventions.
- Graduates in life sciences with 1-4 years of experience in medical coding processes
- Experience in coding for Radiology clients
- Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems and service delivery processes
- Maintains a high degree of professional and ethical standards
- Focuses on continuous improvement by working on projects that enable customers to arrest revenue leakage while following the standards
- Focuses on updating coding skills, knowledge, and accuracy by participating in coding team meetings and educational conferences
- Exposure to CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding
- CCS/CPC/CPC-H/CIC/COC certification from AAPC /AHIMA would be a plus
- Knowledge of HIPAA standards
- Applicants who have worked with eclinicalWorks (ECW) will be on top of the list
- Address all the rejections, denials and unpaid claims in timely manner
- Follow the procedures as per the SOP and document/report whenever the changes needed
- Calling the patients to follow up on the outstanding Patient Account Receivables
- Attending the patients/Insurance inbound calls and make the necessary document based on the actions
- Take respective actions on all the correspondence within the timeline mentioned in SLA
- Document all the activities in the control log
- Meet productivity standards as set by the department
- Assist with month-end closing activities and adhering to all company policies and procedures
- 1-4 Years of experience in accounts receivable follow-up / denial management processes
- Knowledge on Denials management and A/R fundamentals
- Fluent verbal communication abilities / call center expertise
- Willingness to work continuously in night shifts
- Basic working knowledge of computers
- Experience of working on revenue cycle systems will be an advantage. We will provide training on client-specific system and processes
- Knowledge of Healthcare terminology and ICD/CPT codes will be considered a plus