Build a rewarding, successful career with ATOM Healthcare.
At ATOM healthcare, our job is to provide you with the best training and mentoring to help you excel at yours. Providing equal of opportunities for all to grow with us for long-term and creating an inclusive environment is our goal. Because we believe, the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reviews Pathology reports in the Co Path electronic medical record for charges received via various interfaces.
Identify all pertinent facts necessary to assign the most comprehensive diagnosis and procedure codes that accurately describe patient conditions. Assigns CPT and ICD-10 codes.
Communicates with physicians as needed to assure documentation & coding supports services performed. Requires good communication skills.
Assists other coders and train them on medical terminology and policy interpretation as required. Code reports are sent to the various payers for reimbursement.
- Graduates in life sciences with 1-4 years of experience in medical coding processes
- Experience in coding for Pathology specialty
- Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems and service delivery processes
- Maintains a high degree of professional and ethical standards
- Focuses on continuous improvement by working on projects that enable customers to arrest revenue leakage while following the standards
- Focuses on updating coding skills, knowledge, and accuracy by participating in coding team meetings and educational conferences
- Exposure to CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding
- CCS/CPC/CPC-H/CIC/COC certification from AAPC /AHIMA would be a pluså
- Knowledge of HIPAA standards
- Applicants who have worked with eclinicalWorks (ECW) will be on top of the list