Build a rewarding, successful career with ATOM Healthcare.
At ATOM healthcare, our job is to provide you with the best training and mentoring to help you excel at yours. Providing equal of opportunities for all to grow with us for long-term and creating an inclusive environment is our goal. Because we believe, the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Thorough working knowledge of the latest regulations and rules pertinent to the field of neurology, as well an integrated understanding of ICD-10. The areas in which ICD-10 changed coding and documentation requirements relating to neurology include changes to definitions in terms of classifying ailments, increased specificity calling for laterality documentation when appropriate, and changes in terminology. For Example: Expanded codes and new classifications, in addition to increased specificity in terms of laterality, for neoplasms Addition of new codes and changes in terminology for diseases of the nervous system
Increased specificity in the form of new descriptive diagnostic codes for migraines. Instead of the former single code “Variants of migraine” there are now four codes related to specific types of migraine to include periodic headache syndromes, ophthalmoplegic migraine, cyclical vomiting, and abdominal migraine.
Specialized neurology coders have the qualifications and experience required to effectively understand and interpret the nuances of each visit.
Expertise in correctly presenting documentation of office visit and relevance thereof in relation to any potential diagnosis or treatment: Routine check-up, initial consultation, instance or manifestation of an event, diagnosis, or ongoing condition, or clearance for surgery.
Proficiency of ability to interpret and condense physician office notes to accurately summarize the visit and visit outcome.
Ability to document all test results and subsequent, or current, diagnoses and interconnecting those services across all patient-related claims. Note that it is imperative that physicians provide documentation that consistently supports the chain of services with regard to each individual patient.
- Graduates in life sciences with 1-4 years of experience in medical coding processes
- Experience in Neurology Coding
- Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems and service delivery processes
- Maintains a high degree of professional and ethical standards
- Focuses on continuous improvement by working on projects that enable customers to arrest revenue leakage while following the standards
- Focuses on updating coding skills, knowledge, and accuracy by participating in coding team meetings and educational conferences
- Exposure to CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding
- CCS/CPC/CPC-H/CIC/COC certification from AAPC /AHIMA would be a plus
- Knowledge of HIPAA standards
- Applicants who have worked with eclinicalWorks (ECW) will be on top of the list