Build a rewarding, successful career with ATOM Healthcare.
At ATOM healthcare, our job is to provide you with the best training and mentoring to help you excel at yours. Providing equal of opportunities for all to grow with us for long-term and creating an inclusive environment is our goal. Because we believe, the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- Code and abstract clinical and demographic data for inpatient, outpatient, or clinic encounters using standardized coding regulations, abstracting rules, and EM 1995 & 1997 guidelines
- Identify and resolve clinical documentation and charge capture data discrepancies to improve quality of the clinical documentation, severity and reimbursement levels assigned, integrity of data reported
- Educate multidisciplinary team members, including physicians, about frequently changing mandated rules, regulations and guidelines to ensure a complaint claim
- Meet departmental quality and productivity standards
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
- Graduates in life sciences with 1-4 years of experience in medical coding processes
- Experience in coding for E&M specialty
- Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems and service delivery processes.
- Knowledge of ICD10 and CPT and related coding/abstracting rules and guidelines
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology
- Knowledge of relationship of disease management, medications and ancillary test results on diagnoses assigned. Proficiency with computer systems, including electronic health record
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Applicants who have worked with eclincialWorks (ECW) is a plus