Build a rewarding, successful career with ATOM Healthcare.
At ATOM healthcare, our job is to provide you with the best training and mentoring to help you excel at yours. Providing equal of opportunities for all to grow with us for long-term and creating an inclusive environment is our goal. Because we believe, the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- Validate all medical record documentation and charge information submitted by the physician to ensure compliance with coding/ billing regulations
- Notify or verify with physicians on all the changes and charges made Update changes after physician’s acknowledgment
- Perform a variety of activities involving the coding of medical records by ascribing accurate diagnosis and CPT codes as per ICD-10 and CPT systems of coding
- Review coding database annually to re-file insurance claims, verify insurance coverage, and secure other information as required
- Review insurance denials to analyze the causes and identify suitable solutions Discuss coding challenges, changes, or reimbursements with a physician
- Submit claims with appropriate documentation with OP notes and other information
- Update claims appropriately when patient information has been changed or corrected after the charge has been posted
Graduates in life sciences with 1-4 years of experience in medical coding processes
Experience in coding for ED specialty
Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems and service delivery processes
Maintains a high degree of professional and ethical standards
Focuses on continuous improvement by working on projects that enable customers to arrest revenue leakage while being in compliance with the standards
Focuses on updating coding skills, knowledge, and accuracy by participating in coding team meetings and educational conferences
Exposure to CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding
CCS/CPC/CPC-H/CIC/COC certification from AAPC /AHIMA would be a plus
Knowledge of HIPAA standards
Prefer Certified Professional Coding certificate
Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems, medical terminologies, regulatory requirements, auditing concepts, and principles
Applicants who have worked with eclinicalWorks (ECW) will be on top of the list.