Build a rewarding, successful career with ATOM Healthcare.
At ATOM healthcare, our job is to provide you with the best training and mentoring to help you excel at yours. Providing equal of opportunities for all to grow with us for long-term and creating an inclusive environment is our goal. Because we believe, the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- Monitors coding & abstracting productivity and quality to ensure coding quality & performance improvement standards are maintained, achieved & improved.
- Establish performance guidelines in terms of quality and productivity measures
- Manage and maintain a comprehensive tracking and management tool for Coding workload and prioritization.
- Manage Coding activities for all assigned coders and ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a comprehensive tracking and management tool for assigned IPA’s within Alignments Healthcare provider network.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state &local regulations, as well as with institutional/organizational standards, practices, policies & procedures.
- Assist with CMS Data Validation activities, including suggested record selections, tracking and submission, in conjunction with Risk Adjustment leadership team.
- Keep updated on new statutes/regulations/policies and distribute updates as required
- Provides guidance in the coding/abstraction, production, and quality assurance, auditing and training activities Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be someone with great attitude, highly motivated and a team player and possess strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Previous use of EMR systems
- Daily supervision of coding staff to ensure timely and accurate coding
- Monitor productivity to ensure production goals are achieved
- Monitor quality outcomes in coordination with audit team
- Distribute and manager workflows for all coding staff
- Report on all work queues/charges to ensure all services are coded within acceptable turnaround times
- Ensure all work queues, prebilling edits and coding denials are completed within established guidelines keeping management abreast of status and any potential issues
- Serve as a point of contact for questions and inquiries from various parties such as clients, staff, payers, etc.
- Manage the auditing and monitoring process for coding accuracy and ensure all coding work performed in a Compliant manner as established by Medicare, Medicaid and other third-party payers
- Effectively communicate with physicians, administrators, staff, etc. as needed regarding coding and documentation issues
- Stay up to date on changes in Federal Policy (CMS) for coding, auditing and billing, including MACRA/MIPS, etc.
- Abide by standard medical professional code of conduct
- Understand and follow all federal, state, and local coding coverage decisions
- At least 10 years professional fee coding experience and 5 years managerial experience in a clinic setting
- CPC or CCS credential required
- Proficient user in MS office suite